Severn Bridge Half Marathon 2016
28 August 2016
The Severn Bridge Half Marathon starts on the Western (Chepstow) end of the M48 and crosses the closed Severn Bridge.
The route will suit both first timers and experienced club runners - it provides something a bit different from your average 'run-of-the-mill' city half marathon: stunning views, sea air, scenic country lanes and villages and the opportunity to participate in a unique runnning event on a closed motorway and across the iconic Severn Bridge. Full course details can be found Course details.
The race will be run under ARC Rules (Permit applied for) and the course will be measured and certified as accurate by an accredited course measurer.
There is easy access to the race event base and car park from junction 2 of the M48. There is ample parking within a couple of minutes walk of the changing area, baggage store and start. Train and bus stations are situated in Chepstow, a short distance from the event village.
You can expect all the features of a quality and well organised Half Marathon:
- Safe, mostly traffic free course - road closures will be in operation
- Reliable Chip timing provided by Full-On-Sport
- Well marked and marshalled route
- Course measured and certified as accurate and ARC Race Permit (no: Applied For)
- Changing and baggage facilities
- Atmospheric event village
- Ample toilet facilities
- Safe, flat and traffic free warm-up area on the motorway itself - this year we will have access to closed motorway for an hour before the event.
- No overcrowding
- 3 drinks stations on the route
- Refreshments at the finish
- Prompt results' service
- Memento technical T-shirt and specially designed medal for all finishers
- Race photographs
Trophies and prizes will be awarded to:
Men and Ladies overall (cash prizes): 1st (£150), 2nd (£100), 3rd (£75), 4th (£50) and 5th (£25). 1st - 3rd receive specially commissioned bespoke trophies.
1st place Veterans in each 5 year age category and 2nd place in MV40, MV45, FV35, FV40: F35-65, M40-70. Memento glass engraved trophies for all.
Mens Team (4 club members to count) - Refreshments and engraved glass memento trophies
Ladies Team (3 club members to count) - Refreshments and engraved glass memento trophies
1st Corporate Team - Refreshments and engraved glass memento trophies
When asked for T-shirt size please bear in mind that this year we have special Ladies T-shirts (sizes: s, m, l, xl). These are ladies sizes and the small is equivalent to a mans extra small.