Severn Bridge Half Marathon
24 August 2014
ENTRIES CLOSE 17th AUGUST
Race Start: 9.00am
The Severn Bridge Half Marathon starts on the Western (Chepstow) end of the bridge, and after the approxmately 2 mile crossing takes the B4661 towards Thornbury (which will also be closed to traffic). Then follows a 5 mile loop along scenic and pleasantly undulating country lanes from Elberton, through Littleton upon Severn and Kington, before arriving back on the B4661 to return to the bridge. On the return journey over the bridge the course takes to the northern pedestrian accessway.
The route will suit both first timers and experienced club runners - it provides something a bit different from your average 'run-of-the-mill' city half marathon: stunning views, sea air, scenic country lanes and villages and the opportunity to participate in the first ever runnning event to use the motorway carriageway across the iconic Severn Bridge. Full course details can be found here.
The race will be run under ARC Rules (ARC Race Permit no: Applied For) and the course wll be measured and certified as accurate by an accredited course measurer.
There is easy access to the race event base from the junction 2 of the M48 and ample off-road parking within a couple of minutes walk of the event villlage.
You can expect all the features of a quality and well organised Half Marathon:
- Safe, mostly traffic free course - road closures will be in operation
- Chip timing provided by Full On Sport.
- Well marked and marshalled route
- Course measured and certified as accurate and ARC Race Permit
- Changing and baggage facilities
- Atmospheric event village
- Ample toilet facilities
- Safe, flat and traffic free warm-up area on the motorway itself
- No overcrowding
- 3 drinks stations on the route
- Refreshments at the finish
- Prompt results service
- Goody bag with memento technical T-shirt and specially designed medal for all finishers
Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded to:
- Men and Ladies overall: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th
- Veterans in each of the age categories V40 to V70.
- Mens Team (4 club members to count)
- Ladies Team (3 club members to count)
We have two charity partners - St David's Hospice Care and St Peters Hospice. We very much hope that this event will raise significant funds for them and during the check out process you will be asked if you would like to support either of them. If you do chose to do this, the event organisers will forward the following information to the appropriate charity: name, address, email address.
Travelling to the event, finding the event village and parking couldn't be easier -it's less than a minute from junction 2 of the M48. Car parking is free.
Participants travelling from Wales on the M4 will take signs for Chepstow (M48) just after Newport. Those coming from England via the M5 or M4 will take signs for the M48 and Chepstow not long after the M4/M5 interchange (Almondsbury).
The event car park will be clearly signed from the junction 2 roundabout.
Registration open from: 07:00:00